Well we have made it through another move. It sure is a lot harder to move with two little girls that with one husband. I'm so glad that we started packing two weeks before the move day. We never would have made it if we hadn't. Justis was home for those two weeks, and was a great help in the packing. In fact, I'd dare say that he did the majority of it. He's a great packer. Thanks UPS.
It got a little scary there for a while when Justis and the guys were packing the trailer. I thought I was doing so good to get rid of a lot of things that we don't need anymore-boy was I wrong. The trailer just kept getting higher and higher. I was sure they were going to lose everything on the freeway. But all went well, and after I stayed to finish cleaning the apartment with the help of some great sisters from my ward, I met up with the guys at the storage unit and was truly amazed. They still had everything and they had actually fit it all in the unit. It was an amazing sight to see. Way to go guys!!
I just dropped Justis off tonight. He ships out in the morning to basic training. It's not easy to say good bye, but at least it was only for 9 weeks in stead of 2 years. Phew!! I've done that before, 9 weeks is nothing.
Now we are at my parents home. Me and the girls. It's going to be a great 9 weeks. We are definitely going to miss Dad/Justis, but we are going to make the best out of it. We are going to have a great summer playing outside as much as possible for Kaylee Bug who loves to be outside. In fact that is usually the second thing she asks for in the morning...the first is food.
Well, I've got a baby in bed, and one asleep on my lap and I haven't watched American Idol yet. I've got to get it in before bed. But don't worry, we'll be back with more later. :)
4 comments:
Glad to hear that things went well. I love the Davids! (AI)
Whew! It's so nice to know you can just chill now, moving is a nightmare!!! You can't just disappear though...the Kaylie(ee)'s MUST still play! (and Alex and others too... :)csx
k, the csx was part of the word verification... don't know how it got up there...
Julie! It's Brianne Millett, well Britton now. I found Justis' Facebook account. Your little girls are adorable! My blog is www.richtobrianne.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. I'll definitely have to keep updated on yours!
Post a Comment