So this past couple of weeks have been a little on the stressful side. My dear sweet little Kaylee decided sometime last week that she didn't need to take naps anymore. Never mind that mom needs her to take naps. So in that past two weeks we have had maybe 3 naps. Yep count them, 1, 2, 3. Not cool. It has been frustrating as heck. I have been persistant and still put her down at the same time and go in time and time again to put her back in her crib-yup, she knows how to climb out. I can't tell you how many prayers I've prayed asking for just even an hour. Well, my prayers have paid of today. She is actually asleep and has been for about that hour, and not to push it, but I'm hoping she will stay down for at least another hour. They need some good sleep so bad, and I have needed the rest. I'm not going to hold my breath yet, but I hope this napping drought we had been in will clear out and shower the sleep on this house. It will be so greatly appreciated. I had wondered if she were really ready to be done napping, but she is still a little to cranky in the evenings to be done with the naps. So that option is out.
But none the less, I love my little monsters and sure did miss them this weekend when I cam down with the flu. My amazing husband got to be Mr. Mom on Saturday and Sunday, and I felt for him. I could hear the girls going from one thing to the next just leaving a path of destruction behind them. I could only imagine what it all really looked like. But I was stuck in my bed once again saying those prayers. Prayers that I could get over this sickness, prayers that my girls would nap for my husband(which they didn't) and prayers that they would behave. But I guess what doesn't hurt us only makes us stronger and hopefully I will be able to see the growth soon.
But in the mean time, thank goodness for prayers and nap time.
3 comments:
we were wondering where you were on sunday, sorry to hear you were sick! and good luck with Kaylee's naps! I have given up on Brayden's morning naps, so for now I just go put him in his crib until I am ready to get him out, lucky for me he doesnt know how to crawl out, YET! :)
I've been having the same problem with Dean lately. I'm not ready for him to be done napping either. It started when daylight savings happened but it hasn't gotten better.
Yes, prayers are helpful. Sorry to hear about the no nap, sick situation. Not a good combo. When Alex learned to climb out of his crib we had the same little interlude. But he got over it and now he naps. Hopefully the same will happend for you! Love you!
Post a Comment