Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What's in a Name???

Okay, So here is the deal. Justis & I have never had the easiest time picking a name for our kids, but this one is really getting the best of us. Here we are Ocotober 6th, and I'm due in 4 weeks. At this point with the girls we at least had names to choose from. Some we liked, some we weren't sure about, you know how it goes. Well, we have nothing. Yep. I said nothing. We have discussed names for quite some time and we have some that are o.k., but nothing that either of us is really pushing for. So I sit here writing this post in hopes of getting some suggestions. Good ones mind you. So if you have anything of use to share with us we would appreciate the suggestions. Thanks so much.

9 comments:

Marianne said...

Boy names are hard. There's a plethera of cute girl names out there but not for boys. One name I've always loved is Ethan, but it sounds really stupid with Orton. I have lots of others I like, but you might have completely different taste than me. Most of them are more traditional, like Thomas, Frederick and Henry. Those might not be your cup of tea. Or what about a Justis junior?

Good luck! I guess if you don't come up with anything, you could let him chose it when he's older, like Peekaboo Street.

Jacobson said...

Hey I was bored tonight so I looked at a whole bunch of boy names and came up with Austin, Conner, Ethan, and Corbin. That is what I have so far and when I talked to Josh earlier he said he liked Conner and Ethan. I will keep looking though! Thanks again so much for coming to Josh's graduation. I have learned so much from you and your experiences with Justis. You are an amazing person and are a wonderful example to me. I love and miss you guys so much! Give the girls a hug and a kiss from Aunt Jess and Uncle (Aunt) Josh!

Jer and Jules said...

First of all, congrats on the boy, that's so exciting! I bet Justis is so excited for a little boy!
A name I've always really liked is Oliver. It's one we won't ever be able to use, but I think it's a good one. And like the others said, Ethan is a cute one too, but I think there are a lot of Ethans lately.
Good luck!

Lolly Soulier said...

We're doing the same thing right now, choosing a boy name. It's our THIRD time around picking a boy name, and I'm with Marianne, I think it's harder than picking one for a girl. I can e-mail you our current list, but here are the names of the 20 grandkids that are boys on my side and Rob's. They have great names, but we can't use them since they are already used in our family (I'll list some of their middle names too for more ideas): Coy Jeffrey, Mckay, Spencer, Joseph, Seth, Scott Taylor, Dallin Jonathan, Tyler, Eli (Elijah), Brigham, Hyrum, Derek Talmage, Caden Spencer, Matthew, Micah, Benjamin (we like Benson a lot, but can't use it), Ethan and Alexander Thomas. Good luck, and congrats!

Ashlee said...

Yay on the boy! congrats! I feel like the worst friend ever, I haven't chatted with you in so long:( Sorry I couldn't make it to the friend get together this summer, I really wanted to but with Bridger in the Hospital, I just felt guilty doing anything normal. I would have loved to see you guys! Well I hope all is well, I had no idea you were due so soon! Okay boy names...hmmmm. well I will give you the list Jon and I had while picking Bridger! Ayden, Kaden, Talmage, Mckay, and lots of girl names but those wouldn't help!
Good luck with everything and let us know how it all goes!

Unknown said...

Well I think Kennth Don Dastrup sounds like a great name. With a name like that, he will be one cool dude.

Unknown said...

Spell that Kenneth Don Dastrup

Cindy said...

My nephew is a pilot in the Air force and stationed in Texas. He named his son Merritt after a fighter bomb pilot. Another cute name I heard is Emmett or Eli Summitt Good Luck and Congrats! Boys are a blast!

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.